1. If you are feeling at all unwell, please do not come to the church on Sunday morning. Listen to your body and rest. (We will be sharing services live online as we did before the COVID measures pushed us completely online.)
2 . Upon entering the building, a hand sanitizing station will be available for people to use.
3. All will be required to wear a mask to church. All are expected to wear the mask as they come in the building and find their place. Once you are settled into a pew, or Sunday School class if you choose, you may take the mask off. But, if you need to get up for some reason, or when it is time to leave, masks should be put on again until one is outside the building. (Please bring your own mask that you are comfortable with. There will be masks if someone forgets, but it would be difficult to provide everyone a mask week after week.)
4. In the sanctuary, we will practice social distancing. What that means is that we will be only using every third pew. Pews to be left empty for social distance will be clearly marked off. Again, we will use every third pew, on the floor of the sanctuary and in the balcony. The expectation is that there will be an average of 4 to 5 people in a pew. Maybe one larger family, or some couples on the ends with space in between. Preaching will be from the pulpit exclusively as long as these measures need to remain in place. (Who will be the brave souls to sit up front?)
5. Physical offering will be received by means of a box in the rear of the sanctuary that people my use on their way in or out.
6. At the end of the service, we ask people to keep to their pews until they are dismissed. We will dismiss from the rear of the sanctuary so that people can move in an orderly fashion and not have such a large mass of people at one time. If you would like to stop and chat with someone, we ask that you do so outside so that there are not clusters of people everywhere that make it impossible for others to maintain social distance.
7. Initially, we are not planning for nursery services until we can see how things will work, and also the nursery is undergoing a facelift. We hope to offer this soon.
8. Sunday School. At the Leadership Team Meeting, there was a strong desire for Sunday School. We are going to try to have Sunday School, but there will have to be some rearranging for this to work. Simply put, several of the spaces that we use are not sufficient for social distancing, and there are not many alternative spaces available.
- The younger children will be combined and meet in the large middle room downstairs. They do this from time to time already.
- The youth will meet in their room downstairs.
- The Awakened Class will use the old Fellowship Hall.
- The Adult Class that meets in the Fellowship hall will continue to meet there.
- The two Adult classes, that had met in the meeting room next to the office and in the room at the back of the Fellowship Hall, will combine and meet in the Sanctuary.
9. Cleaning. We are looking for a few volunteers to help wipe down surfaces, particularly in the sanctuary between services. (Yes, there will be a Sunday School class meeting in the Sanctuary, so maybe some volunteers from that class could wipe things down as they listen.) If you are willing, please contact Pastor Blaine so we can work out the details.
It is our desire to care for the needs of all people in the broadest way while at the same time having an atmosphere that is as close to “normal” as we can under the present conditions.
Understand, too, that this is a new thing for all at church. We will evaluate as we go and may have to adjust some things as we see how everything works.